PS MALIK SPEAKS ON SYCOTIC MIASM
- Sycosis is established after a suppressed gonorrhea, when the acute infection is driven in upon the vital energy by external methods of suppression, and it then becomes a systematic stigma
- The Sycotic patient is exceedingly suspicious. The suspicion extends to the point where he dare not trust himself and he must go back and repeat what he has done or said, and wonders if he goes back and starts again.
- He is suspicious that he will be misunderstood, that his hearers will give the wrong meaning to what he is attempting to convey.
- The Sycotic patient is cross and irritable; he is absent minded in certain things, and finds difficulty in getting the right word
- He forgets recent happenings, but remembers distant events very clearly.
- The headache in the vertex is Sycotic in its origin; or there may be frontal headache. These are better by lying down and at night, especially worse after midnight.
- This patient is restless and wants to be kept in motion, which ameliorates.
- The hair falls out in circular spots; the hair of the beard falls. The Sycotic scalp perspires, but there are not the moist, matting eruptions of syphilis.
- Children with “snuffles” are usually syphilitic or Sycotic; the Sycotic stigma has moist snuffles, but without ulcerations or crusts; the discharge is purulent, scanty, with the odor of fishbrine.
- There is often nasal stoppage due to thickening of the membranes and to enlargement of the turbinated bones.
- Hay fever conditions, which are exceedingly difficult of cure under ordinary treatment, are more easily understood when we remember that they are an expression of syphilis and latent Sycosis, very often with a Psoric taint.
- Meats arouse the latent sycosis as in psora. The sycotic patient should take meat sparingly, and it is better for him to use more freely of nuts, beans or cheese. Gouty conditions cannot digest meats.
- He is usually better by eating any food, and better by lying on the stomach or by pressure.
- The diabetic patient is usually strongly tubercular, but if there is a sycotic taint as well, the condition becomes much more malignant.
- In acquired sycotic conditions represented by prostatic gland troubles there is a combination of all three stigmata.
- Pelvic inflammations such as inflammation of the ovaries, inflammatory diseases of the female pelvis may be traced to this taint.
- Appendicitis is directly traceable to sycotic influences.
- Stomach is swollen, distended called Ascites, Anasarca
- There are tearing pains in the joints, which are < during rest, < during cold damp weather, > moving or stretching, > dry weather.
- The Sycotic skin manifestations tend toward overgrowth or extra deposits. The nails are ribbed or ridged and thick and heavy. Moles, warts, wine-coloured patches and other manifestations of unnaturally thickened skin belong in this classification.
- Psoriasis is a combination of the three stigmata, with sycosis and psora predominating
- Barber’s itch readily develops in sycotic patients, while it rarely develops unless there is a sycotic taint.
- When suppressed, the syphilitic stigma spends itself on the meninges of the brain, and affects the larynx and throat in general, the eyes, the bones and the periosteum.
- Psora spends its action very largely upon the nervous system and the nerve centers, producing functional disturbances, which are > by surface manifestations.
- Sycosis attacks the internal organs, especially the pelvic and sexual organs. In this stigma we find the worst forms of inflammation, infiltration of the tissues causing abscesses, hypertrophies, cystic degeneration; when thrown back into the system by suppression this stigma causes dishonesty, moral degeneracy and mania.
FOR THE COMPLETE ARTICLE PLEASE VISIT THE LINK BELOW
FOR AN ADVICE OR CLARIFICATION THE AUTHOR CAN BE CONTACTED THROUGH THE MAIL PLATFORM ON HIS WEBSITE — WRITE TO PS MALIK